Friday, July 4, 2008

Our First Date 4-10-04



First writing it out, I just have to say, that is a good date, better than my acutal wedding day I have to admit...



this is actually after we had been dating for about a month and a half. ps I just noticed Vanessa in the picture she's so cute


I emailed him the standard 3 days later a quick, hi how are you here is my number email. Then we emailed everyday for the first couple they weren't long but soon we were emailing 3 pages twice a day, I looked forward to it, and couldn't wait to see what he said.

Now back to the first date... so you know that rule no single dates, for like I don't remember anymore, hmm. Not only to follow rules but also just in case we didn't hit it off well in person, we decided to have more than just us. so this beautiful date also happens to be my parents' anniversary. I told my mom i would babysit weeks before, so calvin said he and his friend could come help, so after begging Kaitlyn finally agreed to double at my house.

First my little sister answered the door calvin had forgotten what i looked like, and wasnt sure if it was me or not. Actually to be perfectly honest I was excited to remember just how cute he was too. Then when he saw me and it all came back to him we all went into the kitchen including susan, who kaitlyn had brought to make sure it wasn't really a double date, and mike. We all sat around the table with 7 dozen eggs, and colored easter eggs. PS my parents are still home, not wanting to leave with a strange boy in the house of course. we learned a little about each other, including that calvin was an artist, and what a water polo ball looked like. and then took the twins out for a game of tag. Now we all know that when you like someone you tag them so of course we ended up tagging each other a lot, and ended up in corners of the yard sometimes, which got us teased a little. But i was very impressed with how he also played with the twins.

Dinner time, all american pizza, and a movie. My mom ordered and brought down our pizza, which she called manly pizza, and she changed the movie to a manly movie.

we sat next to each other on the couch not touching or anything and i put my hand down in between us, he took it.

my mom called me upstairs, and told me to hold his hand, glad to obligue i returned to my spot, only slightly closer.

we finished the movie, and hugged good night.

1 comment:

kaitlyn.e said...

did i really bring susan? i'm sorry. i remember the game of tag...you guys were disgustingly cute.