Friday, July 4, 2008

proposal 1-29-05






A week later Calvin blind folded me, tell me we were going on a double date with mike and alisha. I knew something was going on when he called mike, and mike answered the phone just a little too quickly, but thought i was just imagining things. we drove around for a little while, i'm sure just to make sure i was lost. After arriving, we got out of the car calvin leading me, I could hear kids laughing and feel the cold and the echo. where could we be? My first thought was an ice skating rink since i refused to go, that's why he blind folded me. As i heard automatic doors open i was more puzzled, trying to think. he picked me up and carried me down a short flight of stairs. He set me back down, I had almost given up trying to figure it out, i heard a whisper, and suddenly felt as if people were around, and shopping mall? dead on a saturday...no. then he carried me again this time up a large stair flight. I've been here before i know it the short flight of stairs then the long seems familiar, but where.


He sat me back down and took my hand again...leading me then he stopped and let go of my hand. walked around to the back and untied my blindfold. there we were standing in the room where we'd met As i looked around and saw the beautiful roses and a monkey holding a box of chocolates, i began to almost shake, and i couldn't breathe wondering if this were truly what it seemed to be.


Calvin walked over to the monkey and opened the chocolate box pulling out the perfect ring. Will you marry me?


Unable to breathe, and almost fainting, he took me in his arms as i whispered a soft barely audible yes. we walked over to the gift shop, where he'd given me his number, and continued taking a trip down memory lane, arriving finally at a private room in the restaurant for the perfect dinner.

2 comments:

kaitlyn.e said...

ummm. i think this might be the first time i have actually heard (or read...) this story. so much for best friend in the entire world...

Unknown said...

awwww...that's so romantic! I remember you telling me the story when i lived in the dorms, and i was about to take a nap and i had just broken up with my boyfriend haha. wow.